Meet Seamus ~ Super Kitty!

I will give you a little history on Seamus. We were given him by one of my very good friends at the local green market. Seamus was a barn kitty and from a litter of 6. He is a beautiful black cat. He has had a very eventful life. First of all he is not a “people kitty”. He tolerates me and my husband and really cant believe the children are still here! After all he has made it perfectly clear that their presence annoys him to no end. I will list his “accidents” over the past two years.

1)He was bitten in the EYE BALL by a water moccasin. He spent two weeks on the foot of our bed lingering between life and death. And then hopped of one day and demanded to go outside. And here I had been bringing food and a litter box TO him, he was too sick to walk the length of the hall to go himself.
2)Our neighbors dog put him 25+ feet in a tree where he stayed for 4 days before we found him. This neighbor climbed the tree and rescued him. Husband was gone when we found him but said he thought it unnecessary to climb all that way. He said he would have eventually come down but I saw no evidence of that.
3)Second snake bite, not as severe. This snake that I wasnt able to identify, caught him on the jaw and his head swelled and he was feverish but never really down.
4)Now this trip to the vet was due to an absess on his hip. Evidently he found something to fight with and lost. Though I didnt see the other party so who knows.

Now I would LOVE to keep him in for the rest of his life. He and Mo too. Mo is a loving, precious cat and the exact opposite of Seamus in personality. However, neither of them have ever wanted to be housebound. They howl and scratch and demand to be let out. Seamus did spend last night inside and used a litter box I fixed for him. He is eating and drinking and seems to have recovered from his procedure yesterday. And honestly hasnt put up much of an effort to go out. The vet said to keep him in at least 3-4 days. Tall orders. He did add “if you can”. He’s been Seamus’ vet for a long time and knows how he is.

So there he lays in my chair on a blanket (his absess is oozie) and looking very regal as usual. Here is a picture of him on a happier day in the garden.


When I talked to Husband last night (he’s on the rig now)all he said was “good luck with the ointment.” Yep, I am gonna need it. I am sure it will take all four of us, me and the three children to apply it. The first time may not be bad if we catch him off guard. But I dread that second time!

Oh well…just thought I would share. I am really hoping he will get used to being in and want to stay in.

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.