WOW what a Wednesday

This was one weird day.  First of all you all know we are TRYING to close on my mom’s house.  I wont even tell you all the things that are going amiss with that…too many to think about.  And today was Husband’s MRI on his arm.  We get there at 1:30 – appt was at 2:00.  We tell the flitty little person at the admit desk who we are, why we are there and that we are pre-registered.  Okay she says, it will be a few.  Few what??? OHHHH HOURS!!! See flitty little person at the admit desk doesnt actually hear what a person is saying to her she just knows whatever it is she is to say “Okay.  It will be a few.”  After about an hour I wanted to go up and “get things straight” and Husband says “calm down”…which went over about like you would expect it to.  And by the end of the day – 6:30 after we find out that — they give his appt to someone else because no one knows he’s there and then they get the look and the talking to I had well prepared, they attempt to do the MRI and the MACHINE BROKE!  So…after spending a day sitting and waiting – like we had nothing better to do, we came back home to supposedly go back Friday.  Supposedly.

Believe me this is the reader’s condensed version.  It was a LONG day.  But after looking back we decided it wasnt so bad.  We spent the day together and had only one little tiff about me “not calming down” and getting a Kroger gift card out of the head honcho at the imaging place, it could have all been worse.  And I had to say after we were in the truck on the way home, I looked at the clock and it was almost 7 pm.  My mom passed away just after 7 pm a year ago tonight so, yeah, this wasnt the worst October 8th I have ever had.  At least this October 8th I spent the day with my Husband instead of watching my mom take her last breath.  Perspective is a beautiful thing.

I have shared this picture before but I wanted to again.  This is me and my mom about 48 years ago.

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

I’m sorry about your hubby’s MRI experience. I hurt my back very badly and was admitted on Sunday to the hospital. Instead of just drugging me up and sending me home, they made me spend the night so they could squeeze in an MRI, which took place at 4:00 AM!! 4:00AM!! I was so loopy from pain meds and tired then I didn’t care what they did to me! Loopy and tired, not a good combination for me.

Today, October 8th, I am home now from the hospital, it’s my birthday and it’s been a crummy one. I go back to the specialist tomorrow to hopefully, get some therapy sheduled and permission to get up and get out of this bed and stop all the loopy pain drugs!!



WOW Sher that’s a rough birthday! Best wishes for a quick and complete recovery!

I’m late catching up with this week Susan. (((hugs))) I know it’s been a difficult one for you. That picture of you with your mom is priceless. I’m sorry you wasted a whole day in the consultants office. I sure hope it goes better next time! XXOO

I remember this beautiful photo of your Mother~ I’m glad I stopped by your place tonight~ I’ll keep you in my thoughts~ and your husband.

Tina~ Cherry Hill


That is a lovely picture of you and your mother. My sympathies on this sad anniversary for you; perhaps with time you might be able to celebrate your mother’s life on this day? Good luck with the house closing and all that work it entails, to say nothing of the emotional drain from sorting all of your mother’s possessions.

Did hubby get a redo of the MRI?